Broken brackets for annotations

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Broken brackets for annotations
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:35:46 +0100

Hello list,

while preparing some electric bass lessons, I stumbled upon a
(hopefully small and solvable) problem:

I want to indicate some approach notes with a bracket.
I (mis)used tuplet brackets to have the possibility to put
in some abbreviations like c.a. for 'chromatic approach', but
this is not crucial.

Here is what I coded:

UebungZwei = {
  \key fis \major
  \time 4/4
    fs,,4 r r \tuplet 4/4 { c, | cs,?4 } r r2 | gs,,4 r r2 | b,,4 r r f,,
  \bar ":|."
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \new Voice \with {
        \remove "Forbid_line_break_engraver"
        \override Beam #'breakable = ##t
        \omit TupletNumber
      }
      {
      \clef "bass_8"
      \UebungZwei
    \new TabStaff {
      \set TabStaff.stringTunings = #bass-tuning
      \clef "moderntab"
      \UebungZwei

Now the last f,, should be marked with a broken bracket to be connected
with the first fis,, linke in the attached picture (which is done with
Gimp).

How can I achieve that without having to use Gimp, inkscape or similar
external tools?

Regards,

Marc