Re: Crash with \repeat ... \alternative and \remove "Bar_engraver" on2.1

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Crash with \repeat ... \alternative and \remove "Bar_engraver" on2.17.26
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 08:52:55 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Long" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 4:30 AM

I was researching a method for defining form (repeats, rehearsal
marks, etc.) and line breaking in separate, hidden parallel staff
contexts, and ran across the following crash:

GNU LilyPond 2.17.26
Processing `bug6-crash.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems.../usr/local/share/lilypond/2.17.26/scm/bar-line.scm:913:28: In procedure ly:grob-array-length in expression (ly:grob-array-length bar-array): /usr/local/share/lilypond/2.17.26/scm/bar-line.scm:913:28: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting Grob_array): ()

Can someone please determine whether the latest beta still does
this, and if so, whether a bug report is warranted?

The interaction appears to be between '\remove "Bar_engraver"' and
the alternative ending.  Remove either one and the problem goes away.

Thank you,

Jim

It looks like this occurred between 2.17.4 and 2.17.9 (I don't have the intermediate versions) and I believe a bug report is definitely warranted. This would appear to be a Critical Regression.

--
Phil Holmes