Re: Ferneyhough-style Interruptive Polyphony

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Ferneyhough-style Interruptive Polyphony
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:53:27 +0100

Tim Roberts <address@hidden> schrieb:
>Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Really?
>>  From my experience publishers don't have/make problems with giving a
>
>> free licence to use such an excerpt for such a purpose.
>
>Indeed, the use of a SHORT snippet for educational or critical review
>purposes actually IS one of the allowed exceptions in the much
>misunderstood and often misapplied "fair use" clause in American
>copyright law.

Hm, the last time I was faced with this question I understood that "educational
or critical review" applies when you are dealing with the work in question,
i.e. when you write an article about Ferneyhough and want to demonstrate
something about that piece.

But anyway, which copyright will be applicable here? I'd think of the country
the server ist located?

Urs