Re: MarkLine + bar number weirdness

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: MarkLine + bar number weirdness
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 23:42:20 +0000 (UTC)

Steven Weber <panteck <at> Hotmail.com> writes:

> I’ve been playing around with the MarkLine context that’s been floated
around on this alias a couple of times.  It does everything I want, with one
small bit of weirdness.  If I have a rehearsal mark immediate following a
line break, the bar number gets pushed up from its usual position.  I’m not
entirely sure why this is happening.

This has something to do with how bar numbers are 'engraved' in the Score
context and later moved to the top staff.  There is issue 2199 recording
the desire to improve this, but for now probably you want:

\context { \Score
 \override BarNumber #'after-line-breaking = #'() }