Re: Globally disable transposition

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Globally disable transposition
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 08:39:57 +0100

On 04/11/13 00:05, Jim Long wrote:
I'm not sure that this suggestion meets any of your criteria
(especially \transposition), but:

\version "2.17.26"

music = \new Staff \relative e' { e b' g b, e1 }

unTmusic = \withMusicProperty #'untransposable ##t \music

\score {
   <<
     \transpose e f \music
     \transpose e f \unTmusic

}

Nice thought, but it doesn't really work for me, because it requires that the #'untransposable property be inserted _inside_ the music. That means having to insert that statement inside many different staff contexts, whereas I would like a way to globally disable transposition across the entire score with a single instruction.

What you suggest could work for a single instrument part, but not for a multi-instrument score where it would be nice to be able to switch between transposed and concert pitch versions.