Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?

From: Hilary Snaden
Subject: Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 11:29:52 +0000
On 2013-11-02 05:52, David Kastrup wrote:
> Gilberto Agostinho <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am also totally up for this idea as well.
>
> What's wrong with this list?  Everybody wants to take his LilyPond
> business to the web interface of his choice that takes a lot of
> additional work over just reading and typing text and further dilutes
> the LilyPond knowledge.

I agree. I may have an advantage in having worked mostly with mail and
news for a long time now, but I still far prefer those media to any web
interface I've seen. I suggest politely redirecting enquirers elsewhere
to the manuals, snippet library and mailing list. They're all for the
most part lean, clear and accessible.