Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 10:48:30 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> If it's community policy or at least a general agreement that we
>> should always refer to this list, I will of course do so the next
>> time!
>
> Yes, please do so.
>
>> But I hope we agree that it, as Ryan wrote, would be helpful for the
>> community if we found ways to deal with questions posted outside of
>> this list!?
>
> If you mean with `deal' to forward stuff to the mailing list, or to
> direct users to the list, this is fully OK.

Well, perhaps the medium is not the main attraction, but rather the
feeling of its inconsequentiality.

Maybe it's like going to a pub to discuss policy.  Then you don't want
some drinking pal of yours to say "you know what, let's get the
president on speakerphone about that".  Total mood killer.

Which is one reason the NSA listening in to anybody discussing politics
is a bad idea.

--
David Kastrup