Re: New "make-path-stencil" function

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: New "make-path-stencil" function
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 22:36:15 -0400

On Oct 28, 2013, at 11:51 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> I haven't tried to rewrite your code, but when I first learned Scheme I
> was told that anytime you saw lots of set! expressions in the code, you
> were trying to write procedural code (I.e. c) instead of functional code
> (Scheme).  Your code seems to have lots of set! expressions; it may be
> possible to rewrite it in a more functional manner.

Hi Carl,

Thanks again for this tip.  Attached is a revision that's much more functional
in coding style, at least as far as I understand the distinction after reading
up on it a bit. (Not a single "set!" to be found.) Style considerations aside,
I think this revision is also just generally better overall.

-Paul