Re: Feedback for Frescobaldi's Preview Mode

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Feedback for Frescobaldi's Preview Mode
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:04:08 +0100

Am 27.10.2013 19:24, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
2013/10/27 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
What I mean is:
When hitting Ctrl-M (Preview mode compilation) I practically always want
point-and-click on.
Sometimes I want the Preview Modes too, sometimes not. For example if I'm
working on something and use the Preview Modes but want to see the result
without all the additional highlighting I'll have to disable all Preview
Modes individually. If I had a general enable/disable checkbox I could
simply switch the visual highlighting off and switch it on afterwards
without having to enable all desired modes individually.
I think the important thing is to make "Engrave custom" independent
from preview mode, point and click and other "debugging tools".
Currently when you use "Engrave custom", Frescobaldi sort-of-assumes
that you want to use "publish mode".

I'm not really sure what you mean here.
Currently you can easily switch Preview Mode on and off, and it will add or remove the preview and debug stuff to or from the command line. (Of course this is still linking preview to point-and-click as you initially asked to remove.

But how would you like the Engrave Custom dialog to behave instead?

Urs

best,
Jaenk