Re: Should this be entered relative or ...

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Should this be entered relative or ...
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 16:19:57 +0100

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Kevin Tough <address@hidden> wrote:
> my first try at bass notes. It is a lot of fiddling to keep the proper
> tab positions or I am doing something the hard way. The notes and their
> positions I want indicated in the tab are correct for the first four
> bars. I can carry on in this way but is this the best way?

you could try setting:

\set TabStaff.minimumFret = #5

that way, lilypond will try and find a string position for the given
note above fret 5.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#default-tablatures

regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and
quick to anger.