Re: id's for svg elements

From: Bric
Subject: Re: id's for svg elements
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 05:51:14 -0400

On 10/27/2013 03:29 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
Mike Solomon <address@hidden> writes:

On Oct 27, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Bric <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi! I see it. And I can see that you're doing some sort of awesome
magic here, but it remains a total mystery... looking at the code,
and looking at the result, alike.

(what's a "grob property"?  I guess it's time to hit the fine manual…)
Yeah, definitely hit the manuals - they explain in details what grob
properties are, how to access them, how to create callback functions,
etc..
I sometimes have difficulty distinguishing sarcasm from enthusiasm.  At
any rate, the manuals should by now contain a number of good leads.  How
far you get with them without additional help really depends on your
general problem solving and computing skills.

If your main interest are classic and ancient languages, you're not
likely to run into anything you perceive as worryingly difficult.  If
you are a computer science major, you might encounter some stumbling
blocks.

The above is sarcasm or enthusiasm? Not a comp sci major, but I've dabbled in Sanskrit (fairly enthusiastically, while that lasted). Will that impede my getting intimate with the "grob properties" and lilypond scm call-backs?

Wow. Truly, lilypond seems to be a work of art, code-wise, with massive ability to intervene and modify anything at any level, from what you guys have said here.

At any rate, the user lists are rather helpful resources as well.

This user list must be in the top 99 percentile in terms of quickness, thoroughness, and effectiveness of response.