Re: Strange behavior

From: Marcos Press
Subject: Re: Strange behavior
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:53:24 -0200

The question was not over convert-ly. I'm sory if it sounds like that. It was not the intention.

Actualy I first try by re-tipeing under 2.17 and when that didn't work I went back to the original file and convert it.
I don't think it has nothing to do with convert-ly and absolutly don't think convert-ly should add the extra lines to produce (in these specific case) the previous behavior :)

Simply that, up until 2.16 the Steam.transparent only touch the steams and that is not the case in 2.17.
Obviously I didn't read all the staffs that change from version to version :)

The way Federico points me, solves the isue.

Now, What's the use case for beams without stems?

I don't think there is any case use for that. As you point out. :)
It is only a way to reproduce the png image. I know the result it's nothing like the image, but it was a solution.

The image is a crop from an explanation of interpretation of a violin studie book.

Thanks

2013/10/20 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/10/20 Marcos Press <address@hidden>
>
>> The result I need is the one that said correct.
>> I don't know whay, in 2.16 the
>>
>> \override Stem.transparent = ##t
>>
>> It just turn transparent the steams, without toching the Beams.
>> But now 2.17 It turn transparent the beams too.
>

> seen recently on this list :-)
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-10/msg00486.html
>
> this is the sort of things that convert-ly cannot cover

It most certainly can cover such things.  It's probably surprising that
people relied on the previous behavior.

This was introduced as
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2866>.  The
question is whether this changed behavior may be troublesome enough to
warrant additional action or convert-ly rules.

What's the use case for beams without stems?

--
David Kastrup