Symmetrical ties in TieColumn

From: Karol Majewski
Subject: Symmetrical ties in TieColumn
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 22:36:29 +0200

Hi

Currently I'm making some experiments with ties.

What I need is a function that makes all ties in TieColumn have the same length
(see attachment). I tried to achieve this by changing some values from
Tie.details, but couldn't find the right configuration.

Then I tried to modify shapeTieColumn.ly
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-06/msg00285.html) but
that's probably not the way it should be done.

My question: how difficult would be to write such function?