Re: Stand alone guitar chord/scale diagrams

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Stand alone guitar chord/scale diagrams
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:57:52 +0000

On 10/12/13 9:41 PM, "Kevin Tough" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Perhaps I had should describe what I am looking for more as a neck
>diagram for guitar because I want to do more than just a chord shape. I
>have cut the attached *.jpg from an E-book I use. I would like to be
>able to make these myself. Color, changing the numbers as I wish, and an
>adequate resolution are important. The fret board could be an image but
>it is not necessary.

As it stands now, Lilypond cannot produce the scale diagrams you require.

All of the dots can be put on the fretboard using the fret-diagram-verbose
syntax.

The R codes can be put inside the circles.

There is not currently a choice to make colored dots.  They can either be
black or white.

There is no capability for labeling the fret dots next to the dot.

Adding the extra labels next to the dot would not be a big change.  I
assume that the numbers are finger numbers?  It would just require the
addition of a different location for the fingering (we currently put them
at the top of the string, at the bottom of the string, or in the dot).
But if we put the finger numbers outside of the dot, we'd have to have
another kind of code for the R.  What does the R indicate?

When we've done scale diagrams for people before, rather than doing black
and red, we've done black and white.  How important is the red?

Thanks,

Carl Sorensen