Re: LibreOffice, Latex Docs ?? Documenting Lilypond's *.pdf output

From: Arjen Bax
Subject: Re: LibreOffice, Latex Docs ?? Documenting Lilypond's *.pdf output
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:32:26 +0000 (UTC)

Kevin Tough <kevin <at> toughlife.org> writes:

> As a Lilypond newbie in what direction should I be looking to be able to
> create documentation including Lilypond's pdf output. Inserting the
> *.pdfs into Libre Office in Fedora seems to be a dead end, at least
> directly.

Create encapsulated postscript images with the eps backend and insert the
eps-files as images into your LibreOffice document.

  lilypond --ps -d backend=eps

On Linux and Mac, inserting eps images is no problem at all; I believe that
on Windows, LibreOffice will recognize and use ghostscript if you have
installed it.