Re: ugly bar line when changing line-count

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: ugly bar line when changing line-count
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 03:06:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Eluze,

Thanks for your tip, indeed by adding this \override command everything
looks better (in my opinion). Maybe we should add this to the documentation,
since this kind of writing is very used in the percussion section of a full
orchestral score, and also because the only example in the documentation of
changing line-count there involves a change in between bar lines, thus not
showing this "problem" we discuss here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/a8/lily-ef95c0bf.png

Also, when a change time signatures happens at the same place, things really
get ugly. The code below...

\version "2.17.28"
\relative c'' {
  f4 d g, e |

  \stopStaff
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol.line-count = #2
  \startStaff
  \time 3/4
  f'4 d g, |

  \stopStaff
  \revert Staff.StaffSymbol.line-count
  \startStaff
  \time 4/4
  f'4 d g, e |
}

...outputs this: http://s22.postimg.org/j5bftjy9t/image.png

If there is also some possible tweak for this situation, I also think it
should be added to the documentation.

Thanks a lot and take care,
Gilberto