Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 08:51:18 +0200

Am 10.10.2013 01:56, schrieb Thomas Morley:
2013/10/9 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
[...]

One more thing which might be useful for the technical issues you are
talking about:
I started a snippet to switch program execution based on the used LilyPond
version
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/blob/master/specific-solutions/lilypond-version-switch.ly
Currently there is only one function 'lilypond-greater-than?' but I intend
to add equivalents to the other comparison operators. I think this approach
should allow you to make LilyJAZZ work with 2.16 and 2.17 at the same time?

HTH
Urs

Hi Urs,

your coding will not work.
Regard the results from:

2.12.3  -> 17
2.14.2  -> 18
2.16.2  -> 20
2.17.28 -> 47
seems to be ok,

though:

2.15.40 -> 57

You need to do a more detailed comparison.

Under the assumption that the last part of the version will never
exceed 99, why not go for

x.y.z -> (x*1000)+(y*100)+z

or, to be on the safe side for the next 300 years or so ;-)

x.y.z -> (x*10^6)+(y*10^3)+z

Just my 2ct

Marc

Cheers,