Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 01:40:06 +0200

2013/10/9 Jim Long <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 12:53:35AM +0200, Thomas Morley wrote:
>> 2013/10/9 Jim Long <address@hidden>:
>>
>> >   \override ChordName #'font-name = #"lilyjazzchord"
>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> never heard of "lilyjazzchord".
>> Where to get?
>>
>> Compiling your snippet returns LilyPond-default for the ChordNames.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Harm
>
> It's available from the French-language page at:
>
> https://sites.google.com/site/jpgzic/home/la-police
>

> Jim

Hi,

this is another font and simply installing the font doesn't changes
accidentals in chords with alterations.

So I made some effort and fully coded chords with Torstens font.
-> ignatzek-jazz-chords.ily

It wasn't that hard, most work was to collect all needed definitions
in a single file. More a hint how less flexible LilyPond seems to be
in that specific area (i.e. coding different writings of chord-names).

Additionally LillyJAZZ.ily was updated with all recent improvements.

Example:

\version "2.17.28"

\include "LilyJAZZ-2/LilyJAZZ.ily"

\include "LilyJAZZ-2/ignatzek-jazz-chords.ily"

\header {
  title =
  \markup {
    \fontsize #3
    \override #'(font-name . "LilyJAZZ Text")
    "Some LillyJAZZ-testing"

\layout {
  indent = 0
}

<<
  %% "Text_engraver" is inserted for some comments only, delete it
  %% and \notemode { ... }
  \new ChordNames \with { \consists "Text_engraver" }
  \chordmode {
    c2:5- d:sus4.9+ e f g a
    \notemode { s^\markup \fontsize #-3 "Some crazy testing:" }
    b:m5-.6+.7.9-.11+.13+
  }

  \new Staff
  \relative c' {