Re: Stuck note after acciaccatura in Midi output

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Stuck note after acciaccatura in Midi output
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 04:07:50 +0000 (UTC)

Peter Gentry <peter.gentry <at> sunscales.co.uk> writes:

> The problem vanishes if the \tempo specification changed to 179
> or slower.

When I use LilyPond on the input you posted, the .midi file looks fine.

LilyPond uses 384 ticks per crotchet and sets the tick rate based on
the tempo.  At 180 beats per minute, that would be a 70-kHz tick rate.
When you change tempo, at most 3 bytes of the .midi file should change.

I can imagine a problem if you are sending the MIDI down an actual
MIDI cable.  Grace notes are played at 1/4 noted duration, so the
quaver grace note gets the duration of a demisemiquaver, which would
be 0.7 msec at your tempo.  The software reading the file and sending
messages out the serial port, though, should handle these problems
gracefully.