Re: repeating bar numbers and rehearsal marks in frenched score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: repeating bar numbers and rehearsal marks in frenched score
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:05:24 -0400

Hi David,

> You could group the Dynamics context in a StaffGroup with its above
> context, make it suicidal (empty KeepAliveInterfaces and set
> remove-empty), and slap a Keep_alive_together_engraver on the containing
> StaffGroup.
>
> It's not really the same as counting all intervening staves, but it would
> help a bit.

I was thinking about that option… but, as you imply, it's not quite sufficient.

On the other hand, could you double-group it and get the same effect? i.e.,

    \new Group <<
        \new Marks
        \new Group <<
           \new Staff
           \new Staff

If the inner Group french-ed as normal (i.e., independent of Marks), and the
Marks was suicidal to/with the whole Group, that would work, right?

Thanks,
Kieren.