Re: Lyric separator

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Lyric separator
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:24:32 +0200

Hi,

2013/9/20 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:
> Well, I didn't find a solution for this that would determine automatically
> syllables that start a line.  I had to resort to manually tagging the
> syllables in question.  Using the engraver linked to would take care of the
> syllable alignment, and use of one of the functions floating about this
> thread would handle the underlining.  (Once the syllables were aligned,
> naturally so too would the lines.)
>
> By the way, the last version of the engraver (which determined the longest
> syllable to align to) is found here:
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-05/msg00706.html

As far as i can see this engraver doesn't work with 2.14.2, so it
cannot be added to LSR (unless i'm missing something big?), but it's
way too awesome to let it become accidentally forgotten.  So, i've
added it to the openlilylib/snippets repository
http://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/blob/master/custom-engravers/aligning-first-lyric-syllables.ly
Improvements (in particular adding documentation) welcome!

best,
Janek