Re: Skip to Specific Bar

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Skip to Specific Bar
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:49:10 -0400

Hi David,

Thanks! That does the trick.

Below is the snippet as I was envisioning it. I believe it satisfies the OP
request:

> I'm writing a frenched score which has large gaps between the reappearance
> of some staves. The piece is stuffed full of time signature changes, so I'm
> hoping to find a way to skip input by a specified number of bars, or to a
> specific bar. The only method I know is by inserting spacers or rests up to
> where you want to start putting in notes, but this will take forever with a
> piece like this.

Hope it helps!
Kieren.
_____________________

\version "2.16.2"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \RemoveEmptyStaves
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

global = {
  \tag #'intro
    << \time 4/4 s1*3 >>
    << \time 3/4 s4*3 >>
  \tag #'verse
    << \time 5/4 s4*5*12 >>
  \tag #'bridge
    << s4*5 >>
    << \time 4/4 s1 >>
  \tag #'coda
    << \time 2/2 s1*9 >>
  \bar "|."
}

allMusic = \relative c' {
  \repeat "unfold" 120 { c4 }
}

codaMusic = \relative f {
    \repeat "unfold" 6 { f2 }
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff << \global \allMusic >>
    \new Staff \pushToTag #'coda \codaMusic \global