Re: Double slurs on automatic part combining

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Double slurs on automatic part combining
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 18:02:01 -0400

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Carl Peterson <address@hidden> wrote:

This probably means that if it bothers me enough, I'm going to have to go back into the part-combiner.scm file and dissect it. While my hands are in the patient, I might as well figure out how to get it to combine tied and slurred notes (such as on a suspension). The code for both is probably in the same general vicinity.

The question is whether it bothers me enough, or if I'm willing to either put up with the individual tweaks or letting the current default output be what it is.

So getting back to this, I had somewhat a stroke of inspiration, but I can't find in the documentation whether this is possible. Is it possible to define a global context for all voice "one"s and all voice "two"s? In other words, the thought I had (and I'm thinking about the CSS ability to define both element and id-level properties) is to set double-slurs as the default at the \layout block level, then specify single slurs for the named split voices.