Re: Feta font modifications by Janek

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Feta font modifications by Janek
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 15:09:39 +0200

2013/9/5 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 2013/9/4 Shane Brandes <address@hidden>:
>>> That is interesting. Janek's modifications are slight but make
>>> everything look a little tighter. I like it especially the different
>>> flags.
>>
>> Thank you!  If you have access to a Linux box (could be Ubuntu in a
>> virtual machine) and you'd like to try building lilypond with this
>> change so that you could use it on your scores, i can show you how.
>
> It's not really pretty that a house style should require building a
> particular version of LilyPond.

Agreed.  But at least this is possible in case of Lilypond (and not
very difficult if you already have Linux).  There's no way to do sth
like that in Fin/Sib :P

> Looks like we might need something like
> <URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_master_fonts> or whatever is
> supposed to be used in its lieu instead.

"Multiple master fonts contain two or more "masters" — that is,
original font styles — and enable a user to interpolate between these
masters along a continuous range of "axes.""

That sounds awesome!  Yes, it would be great to have this (i didn't
even know that there already exist systems that interpolate between
two given fonts!).

Janek