Re: Tie placement in voiceTwo

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Tie placement in voiceTwo
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 12:00:44 +0200

As David points out the original example is uncommon both regarding ties and slurs. I like to add another example which represent a more common use of ties.

As you can see from the ly-file I first use a tie, then a slur, then a double dot.

I think that you could get away with the second as a tie, mostly because it uncommon to slur notes of the same pitch. But I don't think it is preferred practise to use it this way. The double dot could be used, but in contemporary notation I think a tie is preferred.

Peter Bjuhr