Re: Emacs integration

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Emacs integration
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:37:06 +0200

Just FYI,

Currently we have a blog post in the pipeline (one of the first 'guest contributions') that shows how to generate sets of scales for any given or all pitches. Jacques uses shell scripts for that.

Urs

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> schrieb:
Hi,

I was inspired by pair of video's this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZU8dm9MtHo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZU8dm9MtHo

in which George Hess shows how to create a scale sheet in Finale and in
MuseScore.

It looks to me as a most cumbersome process, dabbling through menus and
obnoxious dialogues that apparently insist that you supply information
beforehand, such as title and composer before you can even enter a
single note.

Moreover, it takes about 10 minutes to enter something that can be
easily typed in under a minute, or two minutes if you type slow and
provide instructions for a screencast.

http://lilypond.org/~janneke/major-scales-and-primary-triads.ly
http://lilypond.org/~janneke/major-scales-and-primary-triads.pdf

While I was in the process of creating a screencast using Frescobaldi,
it dawned on my how weird that is, because I'm realy bad at editing
text in something that's not Emacs. However, Frescobaldi has become
much, friendlier than our Emacs mode.

Below is something I hacked-up to auto-create PDF-preview and
compilation windows, but don't touch the layout if they are already
visible; while skipping the awkward compile? save? and view? questions
all the time. It seems that point and click is not possible in this
setup (docview does not support direct-PDF, and embedding evince through
XWidgets hasn't been merged)?

Greetings, Jan