Re: How to add the number of repetitions above a bar

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: How to add the number of repetitions above a bar
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:07:40 -0400

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Gilberto Agostinho <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am working with a score in Lilypond that has a lot of repetitions, where basically every bar has to be repeated a certain number of times. I would like to be able to write the number of repeats above every bar, similar to the score below (which was not created in Lilypond):

It would be great to be able to have some brackets above the bar and also to have the "3x" centralized, just like in the example above. So far, the only (temporary) solution I was able to come up with in Lilypond was to add repeat bars and then simply write "3x" above the first note of every bar (since I could not have it centralized on the bar either). It does not look very good, but gets the job done. This temporary solution looks like this:

Do you have any suggestions of how to make this last example look more similar to the first in Lilypond?

Thanks a lot! Take care,
Gilberto

Off hand, I would suggest looking up analysis brackets in the Notation Reference. I don't recall at the moment how those work with text, but it will get you something approaching the brackets you're looking for.

Carl