Re: LilyPond meeting in Waltrop, Germany, 2013-08-16 to 2013-08-20

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: LilyPond meeting in Waltrop, Germany, 2013-08-16 to 2013-08-20
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 23:53:39 +0200

Am 22.08.2013 19:22, schrieb David Kastrup:
Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

Am 03.08.2013 16:20, schrieb Marc Hohl:
Am 03.08.2013 10:07, schrieb Jan Nieuwenhuizen:
Marc Hohl writes:

I am sorry to say that I am in Great Britain during the LilyPond meeting
this year, so I won't be able to join :-(
Do you have any opportunity to join in on irc?
Hm, I don't know whether I have access to wireless lan during the
time of the meeting – if it works, I'll let you know!
Back in Germany ... most of the camping sites offer (slow) WiFi for
a lot of money, so this wasn't really an option (moreover, since my
family was around, there was not much time for doing anything reasonable
on a computer besides moving some jpg files from the camera to the
laptop :-)

What did I miss? What happened during the meeting?
After Jan and Han-Wen also became unavailable, we cancelled because the
overlap of interests from the remaining prospective participants did not
seem large enough to warrant a satisfactory meeting.  I'm trying to get
some a priori agreement for a new date (second half of September) where
at least one of Jan and Han-Wen would be available but have not been
successful soliciting a reply from them so far.

However, Jan Rosseel <URL:http://score.net> and Patrick Schmidt
<URL:http://philomelos.net> came around anyway and we had discussions
about their respective projects and business models, how LilyPond plays
into them, where they are trying to go, and what aspects of LilyPond can
be problematic for that.

I would love to participate in a newly scheduled meeting, if I can manage to do so.

I'll be in Gelsenkirchen for a concert on Sept 27, which is obviously quite close to Waltrop.
Unfortunately I have little hope that this could be an occasion to hop over. I don't have the schedule yet, but we are rehearsing the day before in Stuttgart and will have another concert the day after in Bad Ems, so it will probably be too tight.
OTOH Gelsenkirchen is probably too far for an evening's entertainment ... (the concert is the same as http://www.musikpodium.com/index.cfm?id=3617 (Sept 29 in Stuttgart).

But of course keep us updated please.

Urs