Re: new to lilypond

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: new to lilypond
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:44:58 +0200

Stephanie <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
> I am new to lilypond and have a few basic questions.
> 1) are there other blind lilypond users?

I know about three who have occasionally posted to the list.  I don't
think any of them is a regular reader of the list, probably because
managing the high volume is even harder when you are blind.

> 2) how do i write accidentals in english.

Try the link
<URL:http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/writing-pitches#note-names-in-other-languages>

hopefully you have a web browser delivering a useful rendition of that
link.  If not, report back.

Basically, you tack on s for "sharp" and ss or x for "double sharp", and
f for "flat" and ff for "double flat".

Note that the default note language is _not_ English but rather Dutch.

--
David Kastrup