Re: purpose of commands

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: purpose of commands
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 09:49:02 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden>
To: "Mark Stephen Mrotek" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:48 AM

Hi Mark

This snippet is rather contrived and misleading. I think it should be removed from the docs, or at least replaced with one which shows when the definition of voiceFive is really necessary - when explicitly defining voices.

First, the \voicexxx commands are unnecessary when using the << {}\\{}>> construct. They have to be placed here only because the voices are entered in the incorrect order. If instead the five voices are entered from voice one to voice five in order omitting voice four everything works fine without having to define \voiceFive, as shown below. The bar "||" has no effect in the position shown. It should be at the end of one of the five music expressions.

I've updated the LSR with the explicit voice version and deleted the errant bar line completely. The docs will pick up this update in due course.

--
Phil Holmes