Re: I don't understand how to get a png file in lilypond

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: I don't understand how to get a png file in lilypond
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 15:59:15 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Hamilton" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 3:52 PM

On 2013-08-09 07:34, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 3:25 PM

Hi- I was hoping to understand how to get PNG or something I could use in a html doc. But I don't
Please point me to the most useful page in docs if possible.

How are you actually running LilyPond?

--
Phil Holmes

I create a file like I sent in PSpad (similar to notepad) as a .ly file then click on it with my mouse and it compiles.
At least I believe that's the answer to your question.
I hope.
Jay

You probably double click - assuming this is windows?? You need to learn how to use the command line to generate a PNG file. We can talk you through it if you like.

However, I've written a little "helper" application that allows you to browse for a lilypond file and then run lilypond on it, and gives you the option of PNG output. Would you like to try a copy?

--
Phil Holmes