Re: anyone got lilypond 2.16.2 to work on Windows Vista?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: anyone got lilypond 2.16.2 to work on Windows Vista?
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 22:22:48 +0100

address@hidden wrote Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:28 PM

> One of the "problems" with Vista is the UAC and you need to have
> sufficient rights to write and create files and directories under
> \Program Files.
>
> Have you tried to run Lilypond as Administrator?

I don't think this should be necessary.  LilyPond builds the font
cache under C:\users\.. under Vista.  However, I remember there
being some difficulty with the transition between, I think, 2.12 and
2.14 due to a change in the way the font cache was built and named.
It is worth finding the LilyPond font caches under your home
directory and deleting (or safer, renaming) them.  LilyPond will rebuild
them again if it finds they are missing.  At least then you'll be starting
from a clean base.  On my system the fonts are to be found in

C:\users\Trevor\.fontconfig (I think this was the old 2.12 one)
C :\users\Trevor\.lilypond-fonts.cache-2 (these are the current ones)

Note the leading dot in the filename, so you have to set Windows
Explorer to display hidden files to see them.

Trevor