stylesheets, defaults, and other in-Pond-erables

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: stylesheets, defaults, and other in-Pond-erables
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 23:51:02 -0400

Hello all,

I'm going full-bore on getting some of my scores re-engraved in the next month
or so. (They tend to be cram-engraved under pressure for the premiere, and then
never returned to due to the next commission on the docket…)

As a result, I'm hoping to break out a series of stylesheets (or stylesheet
sets):
    instrument (e.g., violin) solo
    piano solo
    piano + vocal
    piano + solo instrument
    organ solo
    instrumental ensemble (e.g., piano quartet)
    chorus a cappella
    orchestra
    orchestra + chorus

I would love for the fruits of my labour to benefit the Lilypond community, in
the sense that some of the overrides might become defaults, and the other files
might be presented as a package of easily-included templates/files distributed
with (or nearby) the application/binary/docs.

To that end, I'm hoping to get suggestions about particular scores in the above
categories which the Lilypond community would consider benchmarks.
We used to claim to use Barenreiter as the benchmark, so I suppose that might
be the place to start?
Any references would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieren.