Re: feature request: abs-fontsize available for all text grobs

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: feature request: abs-fontsize available for all text grobs
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:19:45 -0400

Hi David,

> I have no idea what you would consider more right than what Mike provided.

Here are a couple of things, any of which, if implemented, would make it "more
right" than what Mike provided:

1. The user doesn't have to add a function to a file, because Lilypond has it
built in.
2. The user doesn't have to change the #'stencil of something, rather they use
a far more intuitive function/method like the one already in place for markup
(e.g., \abs-fontsize).
3. The syntax*** for setting a grob to an absolute fontsize is identical (or
essentially so) regardless of the grob.

>> This might be a job for GLISS…
>
> Not at all.  It's not input syntax related.

Oh, but it is, as I've clearly just shown (***).

Cheers,
Kieren.