fermata on dotted notes on the top line

From: Richard Shann
Subject: fermata on dotted notes on the top line
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:42:36 +0100

I don't know if this is the right forum for posting unfortunate examples
of LilyPond's output but I came across this one:

\version "2.16"
\score {
 f''4.\fermata
}

The fermata seems connected visually with the dot on the note, it looks
better to me dragged further away, which I have done for the score in
question using Denemo.

Just in case anyone has a ready answer to my email earlier      (LilyPond
grace note synchronization feature) but assumes someone else has
answered it, I would very much appreciate guidance on it ...

Richard