Appoggiatura or not appoggiatura?

From: John Kliewe
Subject: Appoggiatura or not appoggiatura?
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 04:24:45 -0700 (PDT)

Many thanks to the lilypond-user group for their advice on measure #47 of the Chopin Nocturne #3 (Op 9 No 3).  Urs' article on voices was particularly helpful.

My next challenge appeared in measure #69.  This is working for me :

\version "2.16.0"
\relative c'
{ \clef treble
  \time 6/8
  \key b \major
ais'4.\p \once \override Slur #'stencil = ##f \appoggiatura {b8[\( ais gisis ais]}
<<
  {dis4 b8}
  \new Voice
  {\stemUp
   \once \override TupletBracket #'bracket-visibility = ##f
   \once \override TupletNumber #'stencil = ##f
   \times 1/2
     {dis8 \teeny d cis c}
           \normalsize b8}

\oneVoice
ais4 gis8\)
}

At first I assumed that both tuplets were appoggiatura, but I couldn't get that to work.  I also tried cue notes, but merging the head of a cue note with a full-size note head was no good either.  So my final version (above) treats the first tuplet as an appoggiatura, but the second is a new voice in a smaller font.

I'm delighted with the results.  But I do wonder if anyone in the group thinks I may have missed a better approach?

--John K