Re: Moving markup objects

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Moving markup objects
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 15:20:08 -0700 (PDT)

Constantine Stade wrote
> I have used Lilypond for several years, but have found it difficult to
> dig deeper into the notation to do things like moving non-staff items
> or predictably setting vertical staff spacing.
> I am looking for a way to move a \markup symbol from above the first
> note of a phrase to directly above the clef itself.
> Here's the code:

I think you should use a RehearsalMark ( \mark \markup … ):

\score {
  {
    \mark \markup \bold \larger \circle "I"
    \relative c'' {
      c2 c4 c b2. b4 a1 c2( d) c a4( b) c2( b) a2 r2 \bar"|."
    }
    \addlyrics { Bles -- sed art Thou, O Lord, teach me Thy sta -- tutes. }

I've tested this with the newest development version (2.17.20)

hth
Eluze