Re: Calculate BarLine 'kern to fit with a given stencil-x-extent

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Calculate BarLine 'kern to fit with a given stencil-x-extent
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 17:39:06 +0200

2013/7/4 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>

So I should ask:
How to get good results with different global-staff-size?

Hi Harm,
So here 's what I've found this evening  :

kern = x-length * EXP[ [ [LN(0.13)/LN(20)]*LN(StaffSize) ] - LN(0.13) ]

Works pretty well from staff size = 15 to 30.
Did not test others.

Note :
- LN (0.13) is an approx figure.
- at least hair thickness changes will strongly affect this function.
- I'm leaving tomorrow for vacation. I'm not sure to get the internet over there, so be patient for my next replies.

Cheers,
Pierre.