Re: Two timesignatures?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Two timesignatures?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:43:45 +0200

2013/6/10 Richard Shann <address@hidden>:
> I've just been digging around in the docs and lsr for typesetting two
> time signatures right next to each other 3/4 6/8
> I can see the stuff for putting one in brackets, but not for printing
> both next to each other.
> Anyone know where this is (I know it must exist, it is common enough),
>
> Richard

After
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=782

\version "2.16.2"

#(define ((alternate-time up down upp downp) grob)
   (grob-interpret-markup grob
     #{
       \markup
         \override #'(baseline-skip . 0)
         \number
         \line {
                 \column { #up #down }
                 \column { #upp #downp }
         }
     #}))

myTimeIII = {
     \time 3/4
     \set Timing.beamExceptions = #'()
     \set Timing.baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1/4)
     \set Timing.beatStructure = #'(1 1 1)
}

\new Staff \with { \override TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f }
  \relative c' {
     \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = #(alternate-time
"3" "4" "6" "8")

     \time 3/4
     %\myTimeIII
               \repeat unfold 6 c8
     \time 6/8 \repeat unfold 6 c8
     \time 3/4 \repeat unfold 6 c8
     \time 6/8 \repeat unfold 6 c8
  }

In case you want other beaming with \time 3/4 you may want to use
\myTimeIII instead.

Cheers,
  Harm