Re: picking up/down symbols in flatpicking guitar

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: picking up/down symbols in flatpicking guitar
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 23:29:49 +0200

2013/6/8 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:

> If I have more time I take a look.

Hi Federico,

there's one point not clear to me:
What does \arrUp mean regarding the strike-direction?

As an example I use a chord (see attached png)
Striking a chord
1.) from the lowest pitch up to the topmost or
2.) the opposite?

I remember seeing both in printed editions.
>From your coding I believe you mean 2.), though I'd vote always for 1.)
Maybe it might be good to clearify it with an amended example.

It's not really important for the sense of the snippet, which shows
how to create/use such arrows, though I was puzzled.

Btw, is it correct that the last two notes of your example have the
same strike-direction?

Cheers,
  Harm