WIP: Template for Large Projects

From: Cole Ingraham
Subject: WIP: Template for Large Projects
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 18:42:07 -0600

Hello list,
I've been using Lilypond for a few years on various projects and it's now my notation program of choice for many reasons. It has taken me a while to figure out an efficient way to work on projects with more than a couple parts but I believe I've come up with a good solution. Attached is a small example project of what I've come up with. I am in the process of writing a tutorial on how and why to work this way, as well as making a little command line program to generate these templates from a simple input file.

Here's the general outline of my workflow:
-put all part specific data in separate .ly files
-put all globally used data (rehearsal marks, bar lines, etc.) in a single .ly file
-use \tag to specify things that should appear in specific places (only the score, only the part, etc.)
-use multiple \book blocks to generate the score and parts PDFs

Any feedback/suggestions to improve this would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to help consolidate all the information about working this way since, at least in my experience, it is difficult to figure out how to work in this way just by skimming the documentation. Thanks and I hope others find this useful.

-Cole

--
http://www.coleingraham.com
http://www.glitchlich.com