Re: Extending tuplet brackets

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Extending tuplet brackets
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:00:22 -0500

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings list,

In the following snippet, the composer writes his tuplet brackets extended right to the bar line consistently. I'd like to emulate that in the context of the contemporary score we are engraving. If I use various techniques to extend the outermost tuplet bracket, the innermost one changes length as well.

How can I extend the outer tuplet bracket without affecting the size of the inner bracket?

Using a tweak instead of an override will allow you to change one bracket without altering the other:

\relative c {
  \clef bass
  \time 1/4
  \override TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##t
  \tweak shorten-pair #'(-0.2 . -7) \tuplet 5/5 {
    \tuplet 5/2 { c32[ d' bes, bes e ~ ] }
    e8.

HTH,
David