Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 20:42:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmm, I remember running into the "No module named sip" problem back when I
was trying to install the dependencies manually.  When I switched to using
MacPorts I installed python using it (following the instructions on the
Frescobaldi site), which is a step that is not included in Philippe's guide.
(Presumably because python is already installed by default on OS X.)  So
maybe when I installed python in MacPorts it installed sip as well?  Or
maybe I installed sip?  I can't recall.

It sounds like an "install sip" step might be needed in the guide?  Maybe
someone else can confirm or clarify...

FWIW, another gotcha I ran into at one point was making sure I was using the
right installation of python, since I ended up with two installations of it.

In any case glad Andrew seems to have figured it out.