Re: Oboe advise needed - woodwind diagrams

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: Oboe advise needed - woodwind diagrams
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 16:42:23 +0200

Hi Frauke,

If it is relevant, I can add multiple diagrams, just as I now do for the clarinet and bass-clarinet.....

Regards,
Wim.

On 13 May 2013, at 16:29 , Frauke Jurgensen wrote:

Right, well, the LH F is correct, though its placement looks a little weird. Regarding the universality, the problem is that there are several key systems in general use. North America and the Continent tend to use the conservatoire system, and the UK uses the thumbplate system. Some manufacturers build hybrid oboes that accomodate both systems. That diagram looks a bit like a thumbplate to me, though it does appear to have one (but not both) of the right hand first-finger octave keys, which I think the thumbplate doesn't generally have (I play conservatoire, so don't know the thumbplate configuration very well). I'll try to find some diagrams that show both, for comparison.