Re: many users don't know about \shape

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: many users don't know about \shape
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:29:16 +0100

On 10/05/13 15:40, Urs Liska wrote:
Am 10.05.2013 16:36, schrieb Alberto Simões:

On 10/05/13 15:27, David Kastrup wrote:
Alberto Simões <address@hidden> writes:

For those interested in the \shape usage, this is what I was working
in:
  http://www.musica-liturgica.net/viewfull.pl/375

I'd probably not let the one voice jump around staves so much. Just
keep it in the top staff, typesetting it with \voiceFour instead of
\voiceTwo whenever there is an actual second voice as well.  If you want
to suggest it getting played in the left hand, one can probably use
something like an arpeggio bracket to indicate that.

Agreed. I just wanted to keep it similar to the original :)

I don't like it much too :)

But it's a case of taste and not of right or wrong.
I can't see anything bad in how it's done -- except maybe for the fact
that it somewhat exposes LilyPond's difficulties it still has with slurs
;-)

Yeah, \shape was enough, and a little try/error :)