where does the repeat code go?

From: Sarah k Alawami
Subject: where does the repeat code go?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 15:56:20 -0700

In reading the following documentation for repeats

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Repeats

where does the code go? I think in listening to this piece and analyzing
before I go in that there are 2 sets of  repeats. and I'm trying to minimize
the work I need to do on this piece lol! There are a lot of crazes that are the
same throughout the whole piece.  At the end of the piece how do I indicate  as
this is 2 giant repeats that I want a retard at the end only not after the
repeat of the second large phrase?

I guess I'll get to that later lol!

Take care all.