Re: LilyPond Linux distro?

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: LilyPond Linux distro?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:18:36 +0200

Hi Ryan,

like Frederico mentioned, you don't need more than damn small linux, lilypond and frescobaldi. But one thing, I would like to ask in this context is, what would it mean, to set up a repository - in ubuntu it probably would be a PPA on launchpad - where you can install the current stable and the current devel version of lilypond? Then one could have a live system on a flash drive where lilypond is updated by apt-get. And one more idea: On my system I have stable- and devel-lilypond in my home directory in folders lily2.16 and lily.2.17. Then I have a script in ~/bin/lilypond: exec "/path/to/lilyinstallations/lily`cat /path/to/version/file/lily-version`/bin/$me" "$@" Now I can switch between versions with one text file. The version file could be located in /etc or ~/.local and the installations in filders like /usr/share/lilypond/2.16

Just an idea ;)

Cheers,
Jan-Peter