Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:36:41 +0200

2013/4/23 Richard Shann <address@hidden>:
> On Sun, 2013-04-21 at 22:11 +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> > what would be the nicest syntax using that data?
>>
>> \shape by David Nalesnik (it's awesome!)  Docs are here:
>> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/modifying-shapes
>> note that \shape syntax is a bit different in 2.16.
>
> I have had a little read of that documentation and it seems that \shape
> does not use the same data. It seems that to use \shape you would need
> to know the default values of the control points, which I guess could
> only be gotten with running LilyPond ...

I'm not sure what you mean.  You don't have to know what default
conrol points values are to be able to write a call to \shape.  It's
shape's business to get to the default values and alter them when
LilyPond is ran.

So, the workflow is:
- user adds a slur
- user previews Lilypond output
- user decides that control points should be adjusted, for example
first control point should be moved up by 1 ss
- user writes \shape #'((0 . 1)(0 . 0)(0 . 0)(0 . 0)) Something
- when Lily is ran next time, curve will be changed.

hth,
Janek