Re: My nice LP moment today

From: Stjepan Horvat
Subject: Re: My nice LP moment today
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:22:27 +0200

:)

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:06 PM, James Harkins <address@hidden> wrote:

Earlier today, I was at my school recording the erhu part for a new piece. My colleague had the printed score ("Music engraving by Lilypond 2.16.1") in his lap. At one moment, when I stood up for some water, I sat back down and, for a split second, thought "Hm, I wonder what music book he's brought? I usually don't see him reading classical scores."

Then I remembered: that's MY score. Lilypond tricked me, for that brief moment, into thinking the score was traditionally engraved. o_O  Of course, if you look at it very very carefully, you'll find the occasional ungraceful engraving decision, but the fact that the page as a whole looked superficially like the "real thing" was a fine moment.

hjh