Re: how offsets and alignment works: an explanation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: how offsets and alignment works: an explanation
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:59:50 +0100

On Tue, 2013-04-16 at 09:41 -0500, David Nalesnik wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
>         Am 16.04.2013 14:07, schrieb Richard Shann:
>
>                 On Tue, 2013-03-26 at 10:29 +0100, Urs Liska wrote:
>                         BTW we're preparing the release of a LilyPond
>                         toolbox library (where
>                         \displayControlPoints will be included of
>                         course), and I'd love to
>                         include this new one there too.
>
>                 I've been trying to track down where this code might
>                 be - the last email
>                 in the thread
>                 http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg34439.html
>                   ends with a snippet which fails on execution
>
>                 Drawing systems...test.ly:28:6: In procedure
>                 memoization in expression
>                 (if (eq? line #t) (begin #) ...):
>                 test.ly:28:6: In file "test.ly", line 27: Missing or
>                 extra expression in
>                 (if (eq? line #t) (begin (ly:stencil-add
>                 (make-line-stencil 0.05 (car
>                 (first cps)) (cdr (first cps)) (car (second cps)) (cdr
>                 (second cps)))
>                 cps)) (car (third cps)) (cdr (third cps))).
>
>                 this is with 2.16.2
>
>                 Richard Shann
>

>         I can't tell this right now, but it may very well be that this
>         is due to syntax changes after 2.16.
>         The code which we use (with 2.17.3) is still in our private
>         library.
>         When we will (hopefully soon) work on transfering stuff to the
>         new public location we'll surely review these functions again
>         and may also find solutions to work with different LilyPond
>         versions.
>         You can see a screenshot here
>
> http://a.fsdn.com/con/app/proj/openlilylib/screenshots/OLLib-ctrl-pts-colors.png
>  in the meantime. I'm sure it would fit very well to your endeavours (judging
> from the latest video).
>
>         Urs
>

> When I recently cut-and-pasted the code from the email, I had this
> same problem.  IIRC, the only problem was that a long comment line had
> been broken across lines.  Just add the semicolon to the beginning of
> the added line and all should be well.
I fiddled around with this, taking out all the comment indicators
results in all the control points being marked (the start and end ones
are of course at the start and end of the curve, so I guess were getting
commented out as not needed). For the present purpose having them all
should be good, so it looks like I can go ahead with this.
Thank you for all the comments
Richard